Today's agenda: Put on twelve different lipstick colors within an hour, take a lot of photos and let your lips feel the burn. Time for another review! Last week, I reviewed Nyx eyeshadow palettes (click here if you haven't read it yet!!), and today I'll be talking about the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick!
I'll talk first about my thoughts on the product and then get into the swatches of each color!
First off, I purchased all of these at my local Ulta (sorry mom). They retail for $6.99 each which is a pretty good price in comparison to other liquid lipsticks on the market. When I purchased mine, they were buy two, get one free. Ulta will have these kinds of sales on Nyx products a lot, or buy one, get one 50 percent off, so be sure to be on the lookout and purchase then so you can get more bang for your buck!
In my humble (look at that word mom!) opinion, these are some of the best liquid lipsticks on the market. They have a mousse-y consistency and are applied via doe-foot applicator. These lipsticks are so pigmented that they almost only require one coat. I find that the brighter/darker colors require two coats to get full coverage and pigmentation, but most lipsticks do.
Liquid lipsticks are typically very drying on the lips, I find these to be slightly drying, but not so much that your lips are flaky and your lipstick is crumbling off. They have a great wear for not being incredibly drying. I wore the color Amethyst during my day exploring galleries in Pilsen (click here for my post on that day). I put the color on around 10 a.m. and it did not budge at all before I took it off around 6 p.m. The only time I really required a retouch was after eating some delicious tamales at Dia de los Tamales (go if you can because frickin' yum), and it was only required in the very center of my lips.
These lipsticks are in my top favorite lip products, so now that you've heard my thoughts on how wonderful these drugstore gems are, let's get into the swatches! We do have twelve colors to do after all.
1. Stone Fox - Deep gray with blue undertone that makes me feel like a badass.
2. Life's a Beach - Bright coral that would look much better on my sister who actually likes colors other than black.
3. Cherry Skies - Deep wine red, makes me think of drinking wine in France. *sigh*
4. Soft-Spoken - Mauve nude that is great for everyday wear.
5. Orange County - Orange that makes me do the duck face.
6. Sway - Lavender greatness that makes my mom think I'm going to punch someone.
7. Sandstorm - A true nude that makes me want to live life in a sepia filter.
8. Pink Lust - Hot pink af... Might as well call me Barbie.
9. Tea & Cookies - Muted tea rose pink & ladylike af.
10. Amethyst - I can say nothing about this deep neon purple other than I wish I could wear it every day.
11. Kitten Heels - A bright red that could probs stop any dude dead in his tracks.
12. Vintage - My love for burgundy/maroon has taken over my whole life because I wear this plum with mauve undertone all the time.
I hope you enjoy another review and that you're able to try out these amazing lipsticks! Let me know in the comments what you'd like me to review next.
Happy almost Fri-yay!
Photos: Adam Lundquist, http://adamlundquist.format.com/